12.26.2009

merry xmas to me

The confession of a Child of the Century
Alfred de Musset

The life must be lived before the history of a life can be written, hence it is not my life I am writing.

Es el libro que imprimen en los créditos de inicio de "Children of the Century" de Diane Kurys (2003). Necesito saber por qué Sand looks so upset after she reads it.

***

Careless love
Madeleine Peyroux

Oh let me see your beauty when the witnesses are gone / let me feel you moving like they do in Babylon / Show me slowly what I only know the limits of / dance me to the end of love...

Esta rolita de Leonard Cohen fue el motivo de la compra. La habíamos incluído hace años en una edición de LETRAS AL AIRE dedicada a canciones que hablaban de bailar... la voz de la Peyroux tiene un gusto a Billie Holiday, a los 40s... y el disco enterito me ha sorprendido gratamente.

****
yep, I don't care what Santa says
I was a good girl...
so I deserve my joy!!!
ji ji ji
M

No comments: